Application Fee: $199.00
Information for participating franchise systems
This award recognises excellence in business management and franchise citizenship for franchisee owner operators (including partners) with up to one staff member (full-time equivalent).
This award is open to franchisee owner operators (including partners) who may employ one staff member (full-time equivalent).
Entries must pertain to a single brand. Franchisees who operate a single unit in more than one brand are eligible to enter, but must declare which brand is being entered. All material, information and achievements must pertain solely to that brand.
Benefits of participating in this award
- Provides a checklist to help you conduct a thorough review of your business against industry best practice.
- Helps identify specific things you and your team are doing well.
- Stimulates new ideas and opportunities to improve your business.
- Merit awards will provide opportunities for recognition of your business in areas it does particularly well.
- Represents an enormous marketing opportunity for your business to promote itself in the local community.
- Builds confidence and pride in you and your team
- Review the assessment criteria below to confirm that you are willing to respond to detailed questions in these areas.
- In 2020, Regional Awards submissions will open Tuesday 4th February. Click here to view the opening and closing dates for awards.
- Register for the online Awards portal and pay the application fee. Your application fee goes toward covering the administration, marketing and assessment costs associated with the Awards.
- You will be sent a link to complete your online submission(s) containing a number of specific questions based on the areas of assessment below. No late submissions will be accepted.
- All submissions will be assessed by judges using predefined criteria to create a short-list of finalists. You will be kept informed of the status of your submission.
- State award winners of the Single Unit Franchisee of the Year, Less Than Two Staff for NSW/ACT, QLD/NT, VIC/TAS, WA and SA will be announced at a Regional Awards Presentations. The overall National winner will be announced in late 2020.
Areas to be assessed
|Business Planning and Performance||How you plan and monitor your business’ performance. This includes such things as your business goals as well as how you measure the financial health of your business.|
|Systems Management||Sophistication of the systems you use to efficiently operate and protect your business. This includes such things as your IT systems as well as procedures you have established that go beyond the franchise operations manuals.|
|Franchise citizenship||Your involvement and contribution to the franchise system as well as the status of your relationships. This includes such things as how you contribute to your fellow franchisees as well as how you maximise the benefits of being part of the franchise system.|
|Openness to Learning and Change||Your commitment to personal and business development. This includes such things as new franchisor initiatives you have supported as well as any training and self-development you have recently completed.|
|Community and Environmental Contribution||Your engagement in and contribution to the local community. This includes such things as community groups and initiatives you or your business have contributed to or been involved in.|
NOTE: These areas of assessment are provided as general information only. Specific awards questions are available on the online Awards portal.