Application Fee: $499.00
Information for participating franchise systems
This award is for excellence in franchising practice by an emerging franchise system that has been franchising its brand for between two and five years.
This award is for excellence in franchising practice by an Australian emerging franchise system that meets all of the following three conditions:
- It has been franchising in Australia for between two and five years.
- It has not been franchising outside Australia for five or more years.
- The parent company’s head office is located in Australia.
Entries must pertain to a single brand. Multi-brand franchisors are eligible to enter, but must declare which brand they are entering. All material, information and achievements must pertain solely to that brand.
Benefits of participating in this award
- Provides a framework to conduct a thorough review of your business against industry best practice.
- Helps identify specific things your business is doing well.
- Stimulates new ideas and opportunities to improve your business.
- Enables your management team to review how it is performing.
- Merit awards will provide opportunities for recognition of your business in areas it does particularly well.
- Represents enormous marketing opportunities and promote your business to prospective franchisees.
- Previous winners have reported positive growth in revenues to their network – good calibre franchisees are attracted to good calibre franchise systems.
- Builds pride in your network and helps you attract high calibre staff to your brand.
- Review the assessment criteria below to confirm that you are willing to respond to detailed questions in these areas.
- In 2020, National Awards submissions will open Monday, 30 March. Click here to view the opening and closing dates for awards.
- Click the link below to register for the online Awards portal and pay the application fee. Your application fee goes toward covering the administration, marketing and assessment costs associated with the Awards.
- You will be sent a link to complete your online submission(s) containing a number of specific questions based on the areas of assessment below. No late submissions will be accepted.
- All submissions will be assessed by judges using predefined criteria to create a short-list of finalists. You will be kept informed of the status of your submission.
- The winner of Emerging Franchisor of the Year, and merit award winners, will be announced at the 2020 FCA Gala Awards Dinner which forms part of the FCA National Franchise Convention.
If you experience any technical issues, please email the awards team at: email@example.com
Areas to be assessed
Word Limit: 1,200
|This area measures the planning processes the franchisor uses to identify and address key strategic issues likely to impact on the performance of the franchise network.
|Franchisor leadership,support and satisfaction
Word Limit: 1,200
|The capability of the franchisor team to lead the franchise network and the resulting levels of satisfaction.
|Financial performance of franchisor business
Word Limit: 600
|The ability of the franchisor company to meet its current and future financial commitments. This includes the profitability of franchisor company and the health of the company’s balance sheet.
|Financial performance of franchisees
Word Limit: 400
|How the franchisor monitors and responds to the financial performance of franchisees. This includes the profitability of franchisees as well as processes for assisting underperforming franchisees.
Word Limit: 400
|The company’s involvement with and contribution to industry associations and the community. This includes involvement with the franchising sector as well as the company’s contribution to the franchising sector or industry groups.
Back to Awards Home